Thursday 1 March 2018

...Under Construction!...

Yep you caught me.  I started a blog after the kids went to bed and I have to get up early in the morning and rush about....and then I am leaving you with this pitiful little blog post saying "Hi - yeah bye".

I'll be back - I promise.  I at least should say a bit about myself right?

Well, I'm a divorced mom of 3 kiddos - V-Man (8), A-Man (6) and M-Girl (4).
If you think that sounds familiar - you're right.  I also write for my other blog (rarely I know!) called "Blogging in My Undies" - which is mostly about my life as a mom and raising a kiddo with non-verbal autism and so on.

But I wanted to get away from all that.  I wanted to write a blog and make a Youtube Channel (in progress also) from my messy-ass kitchen...
I am a chef (or cook - whichever term you prefer) part-time and have a lot of time where I should be cleaning but where is the fun in that?!

Here's what I am hoping to cover (in no particular order of course) in this blog:
  1. Recipes - whether I am testing new ones, trying to make trusted and true basic comfort food better or just simply winging it...I want to share my ups and downs.
  2. Cooking on a budget - I am broke AF and have to get creative at times!
  3. Cooking with limited resources - not just because I am broke AF as mentioned but because I don't live in a country with many common North American ingredients that you can find at your local Walmart/massive grocery store chains.  I live in Finland. (Moi!/Hei!)  
  4. Product testing - I love those product testings and reading reviews online - I also rant and rave about products I love (or hate) regularly to my friends...may as well do it here so I stop repeating myself to them. 
  5. Cookbook reviews - I won't promise that I will buy every book out there but I have quite a few and I should probably use them for actually cooking/baking from...instead of just reading the recipe description and looking at the pictures like a 5-year old.
I'll be honest and never sugar coat anything in here when it comes to reviews (especially during reviews!) - you know, unless I am supposed to sugar coat something like a donut...mmmm donuts...
So follow along and let's see how this goes!

XO,
Dominique

PS Please bear with me as I am tweaking this blog, the layout and so on! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Tooth: Mini Bailey's Chocolate Cheesecakes

Cheesecakes come off as one of those desserts that cost an arm and a leg in a restaurant - but there's really not much to them if you wa...