Thursday 1 March 2018

Sweet Tooth: Peanut Butter Cookies

I absolutely love peanut butter cookies.  The sweet and salty (and perhaps crunchy!) combo makes me really happy because I actually don't have a huge sweet tooth.

I mean, I'm not the woman in dire need of chocolate whenever "Shark week" occurs every month.  Give me a Big Mac meal and we are good.

But these cookies are fantastic and while I admit - it's not my own recipe (got it from Kraft Peanut Butter jars) - it is a tested and well loved recipe in my household!

What are the perks of this recipe?
  1. They're gluten/wheat-free and dairy-free too!  Unless you stick some chocolate in there because I tend to do that sometimes...I'll drizzle some melted chocolate on top or dunk half into melted chocolate to give it some kick...
  2. It works with crunchy or smooth peanut butter.  These cookies don't judge what kind of peanut butter you bought.
  3. There's not much to them: 1 cup of PB, 1 large egg and 1/2 cup of sugar... = fairly cheap to make, not too much measuring required and hopefully not too much mess!
Finns don't use peanut butter a lot (if at all) - so it's always fun to make these and quickly convert them!  Even one of my colleagues that doesn't have a major sweet tooth loved them!

And yeah, they look absolutely disgusting when you're mixing them - but I promise - they're lovely.  Salty and sweet - just the right combo of amazing in a cookie.

And I forgot to mention that I even made these for Passover for one of my bestie's back home in Canada and her brother in-law couldn't believe that they didn't contain flour or wheat and held together so well! He eventually caved and had one or a few...;)


XO,
Dominique

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sweet Tooth: Mini Bailey's Chocolate Cheesecakes

Cheesecakes come off as one of those desserts that cost an arm and a leg in a restaurant - but there's really not much to them if you wa...